Saturday 4 June 2011

The Search of the Marshmallows

You wouldn't have thought it would be so hard to find a pack of marshmallows.
I mean, in the half term me and my family went camping for the week in Kent. We were less than 2 hours away from London, where I live. But anyway. The campsite we were staying at was pretty cool. (It's called Welsummer if you're interested) You could camp either on these 2 fields, or in the forest. Each pitch had a place you could light a fire, and singin round it was encouraged!!! So anyway, we wanted to toast some marshmallows.
We were in Tenterden for a day after a failed trip to Leeds Castle so we stopped by at Waitrose to pick up marshmallows. My sister and me spent half an hour wandering round the sweet section looking for them. Then, the genius that I am, I had the AMAZING idea of looking at those labels that you get under each food. I found the marshmallow label, but there were no marshmallows. 
Very suspicious. 
Sold out? Unbelievable. 
We tried W.H.Smiths next, as they usually sell sweets. Alas, they only had Galaxy bars (they are like, my favourite chocolate but not suitable for toasting, I'm afraid). We had to leave Tenterden by that time as it was getting late. On the way back we looked out for shops. Costcutters? Nothing. Tesco's? Nothing! 
How many people in Kent can all need marshmallows at the same time? 
Finally we stopped for petrol and my dad found a pack of marshmallows...the last in the shop!
But at least we had a nice evening around the fire toasting those marshmallows and EATING THEM!!!
Mwa ha ha ha ha! 
P.s. I am sorry to all the marshmallows I ate for ending their poor lives. If you happen to know their families please pass on the apologies.

2 comments:

  1. I´m glad you found the marshmallows, i mean whats camping without them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it was definately worth the struggle to find them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment.
Ideas, advice, anything.